Board of Trustees
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for election if the individual:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the individual has not been pardoned or otherwise released from resulting disabilities;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above and
- satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Commerce ISD Board of Trustees meets monthly, the third Monday of each month, at the Commerce ISD Board Room at 3315 Washington Street, Commerce, Texas.
Contact Renee Bates, School Board Secretary, at 903.366.0970 for more information.