The Commerce ISD Communications Department serves to promote all aspects of the district, students and staff. Through open communications, we hope to build great relationships with parents and the community while supporting the mission of Commerce ISD.
In the event of severe weather or situation requiring immediate notification to parents, the Communications Department will work with and support campuses to quickly disseminate information. Depending on the nature of the event, we will utilize one or more of these tools: social media, district website, parent phone calls or texts via Parent Square, parent emails, and local news outlets. Parents are encouraged to notify their child’s school if phone numbers or email addresses are changed during the year.
Got good news? Sharing the great things happening on campus is what we love to do. Please send photos and written news to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Information Request
Requests for public information are handled in accordance with the Texas Public Information Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 552.001. All requests for public information should be submitted, in writing, to the Communications Specialist. Any person who requests public information has the responsibility to submit in writing by one of the following ways:
Ludonna Smithers, Communications Specialist
Mail or In Person:
Attn: Communications Department
3315 Washington Street
Commerce, Texas 75428
Commerce ISD uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare:
- Receive messages from the school via email, text or app notification
- Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once at 6pm daily
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Comment on school postings to engage in your school community
- Direct message teachers, staff and other parents
- Participate in group messages
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences with smart online technology
- Send payments, sign forms & permission slips, receive report cards, sign up to volunteer and more about your
phone or web portal
Opt out form
If you do not want to receive ParentSquare messages, please use this form to opt out.